My cousin just had her vacation from work and she found out that I can make polvoron and she told me she’ll bring it to Singapore as her pasalubong. And I hope they liked it. It’s actually easy to make and the ingredients can be easily found in the market. It almost have the same ingredients as pastillas except for few. You’ll be needing polvoron moulder to make this delicacy. Don’t worry, you can also find it in the market.
> 4 cups of all purpose flour
> 2 cups of powdered milk
> 1 1/2 cup of melted butter
> 2 cups of white sugar
1. On a pan, toast the flour in low heat for 15 minutes. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
2. Remove from pan and transfer into a big bowl.
3. Add powdered milk
4. Add sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
5. Fill the polvoron moulder with the mixture you had made and then press it hard then release. If it is still loose, you may add more butter.
6. Place the polvoron in a container then refrigerate for about 5-10 minutes or until firm.
7. Wrap the polvoron individually in a cellophane.
You can make combinations such as cookies and cream, pinipig or chocolate. I created three types, original, cookies and cream, and pinipig.
If you want pinipig, roast it then let it cool. Grind it a little then add it to the mixture.
If you want cookies and cream, you can use your favorite cookies such as Oreo or any other brand. Use only the cookies, do not include the cream part because it’ll make the end product salty. You’re free to experiment!
When it comes to powdered milk, you can use skimmed milk or buttermilk. I used buttermilk because it was the only available in the market at that time.